Provide knowledge about the nature of toxic effects of xenobiotics. Provide the general principles of risk assessment
toxic action of xenobiotics and the main regulatory aspects; epidemiology
· General principles of toxicology.
· Mechanisms of toxicity. Toxicity test.
· Absorption, distribution and excretion of toxic substances.
· Biotransformation of xenobiotics.
· Carcinogenesis, teratogenesis, mutagenesis.
· Experimental toxicology, epidemiology and toxicological risk assessment.
· Idiosyncratic reactions and allergic diseases, interactions between xenobiotics.
· Toxicology of pesticides, metals, solvents, PAHs, PCB.
· Environmental Toxicology, gas
· food and nutrition Toxicology, Food Additives and Contaminants. Regulatory agencies.
· Occupational Toxicology
· Toxicology of biotechnology products.
-ERNEST HODGSON: “Tossicologia Moderna”, EdiSES
-CASARETT & DOULL’S: "Tossicologia: fondamenti dell’azione delle sostanze tossiche", Ed. EMSI,
-W.A. HAYES: "Principles and Methods of Toxicology", III Edition, Raven Press.
Tossicologia generale e applicata ai farmaci. Balduini-Costa. Ed EDRA