The internship, in conjunction with the training course in Pharmacy, contributes to the achievement of the learning outcomes of the pharmacist's professional practice according to the Dublin Indicators. Specifically, it pursues the following objectives:
1. Knowledge and understanding: to possess knowledge about proper professional practice in its various declinations.
2. Applied knowledge and understanding: to know how to articulate disciplinary content and professional duties based on the needs of patients in the management of drug dispensing procedures.
3. Making judgements: to think critically about actions and determinations and to compare own opinion to the criticism of colleagues.
4. Communication skills: to have meaningful relational skills with patients (counseling) and the medical class.
5. Learning Skills: to enhance cross-cultural knowledge in the daily practice of the profession and in the framework of organized professional training
Training in pharmacy
The student prior to starting the internship is required to withdraw from the Career Management Service of the Degree Course Pharmacy Course the frequency book, which must be filled out daily with the description of the activity carried out and signed. The booklet must be countersigned daily by the Pharmacy Professional Tutor. Upon completion of the internship period, the professional tutor reports on the booklet the overall assessment of the student's activity.The student must also collect two questionnaires on the internship: one to be filled in and returned to the office at the end of the internship, the other to be delivered to the pharmacist tutor for compilation
For the CEE validity of the title, the internship of Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology is coordinated under the EU Directive (Directive 85/432) so that a practical professional training should be performed as a full-time activity, for a period of at least six months (15 CFU from the fourth year and 15 credits from the fifth year), at a local pharmacy or hospital pharmacy under the supervision of National Pharmaceutical Service as set out in the rules the Department of Pharmacy, University of Parma. In accordance to established by the Ministry of Education (prot. No. 570 of 11/03/2011), a CFU is quantified in 30 hours of training activities. A part of the internship abroad is expected (not exceeding three months), as part of exchange programs with other U.E. Universities. (LLP ERASMUS or other bilateral agreements)